21 Sep 2021
Packing for your upcoming beach vacation can be equal parts exciting and stressful at times. Especially if you are new to the Destin area, figuring out what to bring can be a real struggle sometimes! To assist, we have put together a convenient list of necessities as well as fun extra things you may not think about so you can sit back and relax once you arrive in paradise!
For the Beach
It’s safe to say that most of your vacation will be spent on the beach! With that being said, you will want to be fully packed and prepared for the perfect day soaking up the sun. See below for some items we suggest packing for your day at the beach:
- Bathing Suit/ Cover-up
- Sunscreen (Higher SPF the better!)
- Beach Bag
- Beach Towels (We encourage packing a few from home!)
- Floats/Beach Toys
- Cooler with lots of water and snacks!
- Portable Speaker
For your Vacation Rental
Many visitors of the Emerald Coast will opt out of a traditional hotel and stay in a vacation rental condo or house. For many first-timers, it may be unclear what exactly your vacation rental provides for you. While it is always encouraged to contact your vacation rental company to see what is included in the rental, we have compiled a list for you!
- Groceries & Condiments
- Toilet Paper (most rentals only supply 1-2 rolls depending on how many bedrooms)
- Paper Towels (again, most rentals supply only the first roll)
- Trash Bags
- Basic seasonings, such as salt & pepper, etc.
- Any additional cooking supplies outside of pots, pans, etc. such as aluminum foil or saran wrap
- First Aid Kit
- Phone Chargers
- Board games/cards in case of a rainy day
When traveling, it’s always best to be extra prepared for just about anything! Nearly all of the items on this list can be purchased when you arrive but sometimes it's easier to have on hand which can save you a trip to the store!
- Rain Umbrella
- Rain Jacket
- Medication (allergy, motion sickness medication, etc.)
- Emergency Cash
- Insect Repellent
- Toiletry Bag (toothbrush, razor, etc.)
- Aloe Vera for sunburns
Most of all, when you visit beautiful Destin, Florida be prepared for lifelong memories and a ton of fun! When you are packed for success, you can relax and rejuvenate knowing you’ve prepared for your much-deserved vacation! See below for a pre-made list for you to use for your next Destin vacation.